Table by the Window

This area is a general forum dealing with separation or divorce issuses. You may pose your questions or post your story. This blog is moderated by Colin Kennedy. Your post will appear shortly.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Trapped with no place to go.

She is trapped in a marriage or relationship and can not afford to leave. Many times a week mail lands in my inbox with this common theme; and part of the letter will describe her plight, her trappness if you will.

“I don’t have a real job, and have no money of my own. I can not afford to move out. What do I do”?

“Where do I go with three kids in school….no money…no hope….I’m stuck”.

Then there is the old-married. The wife and husband have been together since the days of 8-track. They have joint property and pensions, and a home full of figurines and memories. “I have been a stay-at-home mom, no money of my own so how can I afford a lawyer or afford to leave”?

One response is a short letter called All Will Be Well. You may have seen it; and for some it is encouraging; but for most it’s just hollow words. Unforturneatly I can not help or fix everyone and I am often left without an kind of answer at all.

Look at this, the writer is Heide, and your comments are welcomed.

“i need to know that i will get child support half of our assets half of his pension and spouse support. I gave up a good job on my husbands faith that i wouldn't have to work anymore and then he started not giving me any money and now he is buying the groceries that he thinks we need and only what he thinks we need in the meantime i have no clothes have no money for activities. He goes on weekend trips he buys himself a convertible car and he plans motorbike trips because he makes good money and "I guess you choose not to work you could go work at an assembly plant and make more money if you chose to". but for other things we have no money and i am just to walk away having nothing but a 10 dollar pr hr job and nothing else just because i don't like to be treated like crap. I need to know there is someone out there that will truly help me. I have had our car taken away so that i have had to hick rides with total stranger when i wanted to go somewhere in todays society that is ok no big deal if you don't like it the you can leave but with nothing. Thats what i am hearing from him and you said you couldn't always get what you want. I have had to do without for 15 years and I'm not about to walk away. Abuse is abuse.”

(To log your comment or post a question click on comments).

No comments: